Translate

Friday, June 29, 2012

Cafeteria Should Reduce Plastic Object Containers

Nowadays, many places are using plastic unrecyclable containers, like plastic bags for containing brownies, cookies; plastic bottles for containing milk and plastic cups for containing drinks like lemonade. In my school's cafeteria, there are a lot of plastic objects like what I said before.

The amount of people buying chocolate milk is huge, I have to say that it is one of the drinks the students like the most. People usually buy one to three bottles for once, and they might buy it at the end of school too. I don't really know the statistic of how many chocolate milk will be sold out, but I know that I usually drink one to two bottles a day to keep the heat out of my body, which i think most of people do that too. Imagine the huge amount of plastic bottle will be thrown out everyday, how much carbon dioxide can they release?

The other drinks like milk shakes, iced coffee and lemonade in my school are pretty popular too, but they are served in plastic cups. They are not actually reusable because everyone just throw them away when they are finished drinking. I can see the cups on the benches, ground... Even though the school has a recycle bin for bottles, but I don't really know that is it for paper objects or plastic. People just throw them in there and I don't even know what is going to happen to the plastic bottles or cups. The new plastic cups in the school will be used very quickly since there are a lot of students want to buy lemonade, but it was replaced very quickly. I bet there is a lot carbon dioxide emission when the factories are making it, and also when they burn the plastic objects to make new ones.

Even though my school already took away all the plastic bottled water, but I think that's far more than enough. Although the bottled water is gone but there are more students to buy milk or lemonade, which makes the amount of plastic in the cafeteria doesn't decrease at all. Therefore, the company for the school cafeteria should consider about using paper cups for drinks, like the ones we use for hot choco and hot coffee. Also paper boxes, glass bottles for the milk. The progress of making paper and glass might affect the environment, but I think they won't do that much damage as the plastic. Paper cups, boxes and glass bottles are recyclable and more green.

No comments:

Post a Comment