Translate

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Story of a Polar Blear

Hi everyone, I am a polar bear that is living in the freezing cold arctic. Living here is quite comfortable because we won’t feel cold and hot, the temperature is just brilliant for me! We have two layers of fur to keep us, polar bears, warm, and our tails and ears can avoid the escaping heat!

When I was free, I always looked at my homeland, where was white and shiny. Sitting there, observing the whole arctic, you could only see the white snow and shiny ice. It was pretty just like a paradise. It was to hang out with my friends. Hunt with them, flip with them, and roll on the soft snow with them…

But…

After many years, I found that I got hotter and hotter each day and the ocean ice started to melt! What is wrong to this Polar Planet? I am feeling overheated! I am rolling on the ice, swimming in the icy water, but that won’t help us much, because I can’t just swim all the time or rolling all the time. I was sitting on the ice, observing the ocean and thinking about what I should do. Desperately, I saw the holes for seals to breathe are almost gone! That was the only easy way to hunt seals, because when the seals come up and take a breath, we can wait next to the hole where they come up and hunt them. Thinking of the food, I started to feel hungry, so I met with my friends and went for a hunt. It was much harder to find seals, because they are taking breathes everywhere now. One of my friends suggested that we could find cod fish to eat, but because of the warming, we can’t find them either. I bet they can’t find their food too. Long time ago, I used to observe the ocean when I was free; I want to know what are the others doing for their daily lives. I found that we polar bears often eat seals, and seals often eat codfish, and codfish used to eat shrimps and shrimps used to eat algae. Now I am still observing the ocean and ice, I didn’t only see the holes for seals are gone, but all the creatures are almost gone! I decided to discover by myself, which I am going to dive into the cold ocean that is not cold anymore.

Dived into the warm ocean, I no longer see the greenish ground under the water anymore. Instead, I only see brownish ground and bleached coral. There are no longer shrimps swimming around to eat the algae, they went to somewhere else to find food. Therefore, of course, codfish, seals immigrated to another place. But we polar bears are too troublesome to immigrate because we are not born to live in the ocean and swim all the time, so I guess we are going to stay here and feel the hunger loom over us until we die.

No comments:

Post a Comment